Monday, 14 September 2015

The Truth As I See It

Today I sent this email to my Union rep plus my boss and his boss. Was told this afternoon that the boss's boss had seen me walking past my place of work on crutches and had therefore surmised that I should be punching the clock if I was capable of getting about.

--------------------------------------------



***,
 
Further to our chat just now, here’s a scan of the sick note I was discharged from hospital with after a 2 hour operation under general anaesthetic where I had  four holes drilled in my left knee and then had my anterior crusciate ligament sewn together and gristle from within my knee scraped out.
 
I have CC’d ** and ** into this message.
 
I would like to remind all parties who are reading this email that me being seen near the depot on my crutches isn’t exactly a Yeti sighting. I live  in Leadswinger Street (7 minutes walk)  and have been instructed to get at least a 15 minute hobble per day in order to keep my leg healthy and speed up the healing process. I still need to eat three times a day and Co-Op are so very cheap. I also live alone and therefore need to remain independent with regard to fending for myself during my convalescent period. The two young ladies ** saw me with the day after my operation are friends, not nurses.

I am right now in the kind of pain that I would only wish on David Cameron.
 
I am currently taking Ibuprofen, Paracetomol, Morphine, and Tinzaparin Sodium due to my knee. 
I am also on 80mg a day of Propranolol (an anxiety suppressant) and Zimovane (a sleeping tablet).
 
The latter two were prescribed by my doctor following my precautionary suspension due to his professional opinion of the stress and anxiety I am now under.
 
I also have a prescription for Naproxen (Ibuprofen’s bigger brother) from tripping over the faulty elevator door at the depot. I have stopped taking this since I have been on the other drugs.
 
Finally, I have an appointment with the practice nurse on 23rd September to assess my knee and potentially to remove the dressings. Provided both the nurse and my trade union deem it appropriate, I will consider attending any Fact Finding meeting from that point forward. While I am in this much pain and  on these many drugs (and my urine potentially has a street value of £30 per litre to heroin addicts), it is unrealistic to expect me to be lucid and coherent in a formal meeting. The incident that led to my suspension was due to being in pain and on painkillers and I have no desire for an encore.
 
Have a wonderful day,
 
Lance


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to speak...
Feel free to disagree but insults and insinuations
will get your comment deleted.