Thursday, 5 December 2013

Queasyjet

I recently had a fairly unpleasant experience with Easyjet on a flight back from Crete. Today they paid £12 (the cost of reserving the seat I had chosen) into my bank account to say soz. Refund came AFTER my rather vitriolic farewell at the final.

Emails are reprinted below.



------------------------------------------------------------
From: Lance Manley
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 6:02 PM
To: customer.service@easyjet.com
Subject: Complaint about treatment on flight

While returning from Heraklion on the 27th October on flight EZY5464 I had chosen and paid for seat 1C for the extra legroom. I use a sleeping kit when I fly (eye mask, ear plugs and neck pillow) and was completely asleep about 10 minutes into the flight.

A short time later I was woken up by the sensation of someone bumping my feet and the smell of vomit. Removing the eye mask I saw the crew manager Nick and stewardess Millie on their knees wiping up puke from the area immediately in front of me next to the exit. Looking around it transpired that the old man in seat 1B had thrown up on both himself and his wife in seat 1A some time previously to me waking up.

The old man apologised to me and was clearly in some distress and embarrassment about the situation. He also had a large amount of puke on the front of his shirt. He said “I didn’t get you too did I?” and I said I didn’t know. His wife then said “I think you got most of it on me”.

I checked my jacket and jeans for vomit and saw none but at no point was I spoken to or acknowledged by either Nick or Millie. A couple of minutes passed and I then asked Millie if I was able to change seats and she replied "that's ok". It was only when I got to passport control in Gatwick that I finally asked someone (the border agent holding my passport) if he would mind checking my back to see if I had any vomit on it. He looked very confused and after checking said not.

Now, my problem is this...

Millie and Nick should have woken me up the moment they realised that the old man had thrown up (but after they had checked his welfare). Your staff have a duty of care to all passengers and for all they knew I could have been sleeping while covered in a stranger's stomach contents. He also could have had a contagious infection. They had no way of knowing if the old man had puked on me as well as himself AND his wife. The attitude seemed to be “hey, he’s ok. He’d have woken up if someone had vomited on him. Let him sleep”

Situation should have been this:

(Tap on my shoulder from Millie or Nick): “Excuse me Sir, the gentleman next to you has just thrown up. Would you mind standing up so I can check if any of it landed on you?

(I stand up)

(Millie or Nick): “No that’s ok. You’re fine. Would you like to find another seat?”

As it was I was simply left asleep while they dealt with this. As Nick is the cabin manager this isn’t something that can be marked down to a training issue or lack of experience. It’s also not possible to argue that the incident had only just happened before I woke up as they were on the floor cleaning it up with paper when I did wake up.

Not impressed. At all. Also not using Easyjet again, ever. Was very impressed with your service up until this revolting incident.

Yours,
Lance Manley



From: customer.service@easyjet.com
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 1:25 AM
To: Lance Manley
Subject: easyJet Customer Services

Dear Mr Manley

I apologise for your unpleasant experience you had on flight EYZ5464. I can only imagine how unpleasant this experience has been for you.

Our cabin crew is trained to be warm and courteous all the time. We strive to provide best services to our passengers all times, and trained to handle difficult situations. I have noted your feed back and send it to the relevant team and will be shared with the crew.

As improvement is an ongoing process, we acknowledge our passengers feed back regarding our service standards, so that we can raise them to new bar. I believe this is the only way it can be done.

Yours Sincerely

Abhimanyu Chouhan
easyJet Customer Services



From: Lance Manley
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 7:44 AM
To: customer.service@easyjet.com
Subject: Re: easyJet Customer Services << Reference ID: 101156677 >>

That’s it?!

L


From: customer.service@easyjet.com
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 9:40 AM
To: Lance Manley
Subject: easyJet Customer Service

Dear Mr Manley

I apologise for the delayed response and for the inconvenience caused onboard.I understand you found it inappropriate when the cabin crew member did not inform you about the unpleasant situation onboard

I was concerned to hear about your experience since it does not represent the standards of service you rightly expect from our Cabin Crew.

Your feedback regarding this particular members of staff will be passed to our Cabin Services Manager, who will then take any action they deem to be appropriate.

I realise that you have had a negative experience on this occasion and I hope that this will not deter you from using our services again in the future.

Yours sincerely

Brandon D'souza
easyJet Customer Services



From: Lance Manley
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:32 PM
To: customer.service@easyjet.com
Subject: Re: easyJet Customer Service

I naively believed that after this revolting and unprofessionally handled situation, you might say something like “hey, feel free to select where you want to sit on your next Easyjet flight and it’s on us!” or maybe “here’s on online voucher for £10 off a flight with us.”

As opposed to your vacuous and shallow prose from both Abhimanyu Chouhan and Brandon D’ souza that simply promises to talk to the incompetent staff who were on duty and were blatantly copied and pasted from a “Say You’re Sorry” template.

I won’t be using Queasyjet again, mainly as you appear to not give a toss about the disgusting experience I had with an OAP honking his guts up right next to me.

Lance


From: customer.service@easyjet.com
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 3:30 AM
To: Lance Manley
Subject: easyJet Customer Services


Dear Mr Manley

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

I am sorry to know about the incident you experienced on 27 October, 2013. I understand that you had booked a seat for yourself but we have to treat all our passengers equally.

As you have mentioned that you were fast a sleep and we did not want to disturb you. I understand that there was a mess in front of the seat. We always want our passengers to have a stress free and comfortable journey. I apologise on behalf of our cabin crew that they had not offered you another seat or informed you about the mess.

Our cabin crew staff are well trained to deal with the above situation even in the most difficult situations and the safety of passengers is our primary concern. We take very feedback seriously, especially when it relates to the quality of our services and we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. I have forwarded this incident to the Cabin crew Manager and they will address this matter with them. So, that when such a situation occurs they can handle it with more care.

Once again I am sorry for this experience and I hope that this will not deter you from flying with us.

Yours sincerely

Charlotte Margi
easyJet Customer Services



From: Lance Manley
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 4:23 PM
To: customer.service@easyjet.com
Subject: Re: easyJet Customer Services << Reference ID: 101350961 >>

I understand that you had booked a seat for yourself but we have to treat all our passengers equally. 

What the hell are you talking about?

As you have mentioned that you were fast a sleep and we did not want to disturb you

So nice of you to not wake me up when my neighbour was impersonating a garden sprinkler.

Now piss off.

Lance


From: Lance Manley
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 4:30 PM
To: customer.service@easyjet.com
Subject: Re: easyJet Customer Services

I mean serious, you really are the pits! Having just read your reply again you clearly haven’t even read my complaints properly.

Cretins.

L




2 comments:

  1. You just wanted to lig a free ticket out of EasyChav. Be honest. You must have a low IQ to part with any £ for seat reservations. Just limp up to the top of the queue and mutter "Falklands/Bosnia/Ulster" depending on age and point to shrapnel in leg/knee/hip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What airline do you take Goggins when you are flying around the world fighting "the man"? Imaginary Air?
    Jaded

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to speak...
Feel free to disagree but insults and insinuations
will get your comment deleted.