Tuesday, 9 April 2013

What I Want

There comes a time when you have to realise what you want. At 42 I have never had kids (that I know of), have never married and have never owned property bigger than a car. I've never held down a job for longer than 2 years and never earned more than £26,000 a year. My family don't speak to each other and  are spread all over the world. BUT...

I've been a cop and was on duty on July 7th 2005 in central London. I am joint holder of the Ferrers Trophy 2006 for that. I've had 3 books published. I've gone salvage diving for NATO off the coast of Crete. I've twice spent time with Enzo G Castellari. I'm a grade P2 in Krav Maga. I have seen sunsets in Vegas, rode rickshaws in India and drunk wine in the underground city of Cricova. I'm a qualified freelance journalist, English teacher and Advanced Open Water scuba diver. I can speak Italian. I lived in Rome for 7 years and Mexico for 7 months. I have a blog read by about 800 people per week. I made round 2 of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award 2013. I proposed to my ex on a beach in Crete. I have 5 tattoos. I love my family (all of them). I can do anything I want just because I want to.

I don't know what I want. And I like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to speak...
Feel free to disagree but insults and insinuations
will get your comment deleted.