Friday, 28 December 2012

Highlights of 2012


  1. Seeing my brother again.

  1. Getting my 2nd book published, THE CATASTROPHE OF THE EMERALD QUEEN (COTEQ).


  1. My mate offering to do artwork for a 2nd edition of COTEQ. He did 13 exquisite black & white illustrations for the price of…one free copy of the book.
  




  1. Bumping into a fantasy artist/ games programmer who agreed to do a new cover for the 2nd edition book for the price of….one free copy of the book.



  1. Meeting 2 guys who design the Hiplok bike lock. They gave me a free one for the price of….one free copy of the book (and being mentioned in “Acknowledgments”). The Hiplock costs about £75.


  1. Starting a new job and finding out on day 1 that 500 people applied, 40 were interviewed and only 8 got the positions.

  1. Seeing my father in Crete for the first time in 2 years.


  1. Shagging a gorgeous Canadian woman on a beach on my last night in Crete

  1. Finding a load of my father’s old sketches and paintings in his shed at his old house in Kenilworth. Got them cleaned up, framed and they are now on display in Gallery 150 in Royal Leamington Spa.

  1. Taking up Krav Maga and loving it but….

  1. Finding out that the 62 year old badass who also does Krav is a priest. He got another priest to cover a baby’s Christening so he could attend a grading and…


  1. Passing Practitioner level 1 in Krav, at a grading in Reading on October 13th. Only 14 more grades till Expert Level 5.



  1. Unfriending my ex girlfriend from Facebook. Only took 11 months but got there in the end.


  1. Finding out that over 12,000 people have read this blog in the last 6 months.

  1. Reading the words “it’s crazy because you’re so much older than me but if I was single I’d fuck you in an instant” from a very cute woman in another country.

  1. Going to Maidstone for comic conventions Demoncon 3 (February) and Demoncon 4 (October) to sell signed copies of both STAB PROOF SCARECROWS and THE CATASTROPHE OF THE EMERALD QUEEN. For 4 I took along the artist for COTEQ who was in hog's heaven selling signed caricatures all day.



  1. Giving a copy of THE CATASTROPHE OF THE EMERALD QUEEN to a relative for Christmas. Her 10 year old daughter picked it up and spent 20 minutes curled up in an armchair reading it. Her father later described the fact that she’d done this spontaneously, while surrounded by the chaos of her own Xmas presents as “like getting an audience with the Pope.”

  1. Doing a book signing for STAB PROOF SCARECROWS at Waterstones in Royal Leamington Spa and selling all 10 copies I took along.


  1. Being told that I looked 28 by a 19 year old girl in the UK and 25 by a 37 year old woman in Italy.







  1. Flying to Rome in December for one weekend to celebrate my friend Valeria D’Amico’s birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to speak...
Feel free to disagree but insults and insinuations
will get your comment deleted.